Man Dies After Winning Cockroach-Eating Contest

A Florida man collapsed and died after winning a cockroach and worm eating contest. The Broward County sheriff’s office says 32-year-old Edward Archbold collapsed outside the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, Florida, where the contest was held.

Authorities are awaiting autopsy results to learn the cause of Archbold’s death. “It was the damndest thing,” said one sheriff’s officer. “One minute the guy is fine and gulping-down cockroaches and worms, and the next he’s dead. It’s tough to figure.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s