A jury found Dr. Conrad Murray guilty of manslaughter in the death of pop star Michael Jackson on Monday. Murray was found guilty of a single count of manslaughter for administering a fatal dose of the drug Propofol to the now all-but-beatified Jackson, who just a few years ago was excoriated as a child molester and possible illegal alien from another galaxy.
Nothing rehabilitates a creep like death. A few years ago it was Jackson in the defendant’s chair and we were all talking about what a disgusting pervert he was. Now, because he died at the hand of an unethical doctor whom he paid to supply him with drugs, we’re all talking about how he deserves ‘justice’.
The jury in former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich’s corruption trial has found him guilty of making false statements to the FBI. The jury was unable to reach any verdict on the other 23 charges against Blagojevich, including attempting to sell the Senate seat vacated by U.S. President Barack Obama.
The false statements Blagojevich made to FBI agents were:
- “No, really, my hair just grows this way.”
- “I’m an honest Illinois politician – all politicians from Illinois are honest.”
- “My name is pronounced ‘Johnson’.”
- “That’s not a $10,000 bribe in that envelope I just slid across the table – remember you loaned it to me last month, and I’m just paying you back.”
- “Do I look like someone who would sell a Senate seat? Really – look at this face. This is not the face of someone who would sell a Senate seat.”
- “I’m not guilty of the other 23 charges.”